Installation and Administration
Here are the main introduction documents that are recommended for reading if you are going to use Rspamd in your mail system.
There is also an external documentation about Rspamd from the system administration point of view: an alternative introduction to rspamd configuration.
- How to blacklist/whitelist emails? Use multimap module
- How to disable spam filter for some user or set custom thresholds? Use user settings
- How to configure Rspamd? Write your custom configuration in
local.d/module_name.conf for plugins, in
local.d/worker-type.inc for workers,
local.d/logging.inc for logging,
local.d/options.inc for custom options and in
etc/rspamd/rspamd.local.lua for adding new rules and regular expressions.
Please also read the frequently asked questions document for other commonly asked questions.
This section contains documents about various configuration details.
This section contains details about Rspamd internals, documents about writing new rules for Rspamd and, in particular, Rspamd Lua API.
There are several tutorial like documents related to various topics of Rspamd usage.
- Own mail server based on Dovecot, Postfix, MySQL, Rspamd and Debian 9 Stretch - a good example of all-in-one tutorial about how to setup your own mail server. However, please refrain from setting errors logging to
error as adviced in this tutorial. The most appropriate levels are
info (set by default) or
silent if you want to reduce log verbosity without loosing the essential bits of information.
- An alternative introduction to rspamd configuration - a good guide with description of all symbols, plugins and scores. Contains lots of things that are not covered by the documentation on the site; pretty good structure as well.
- A guide to self-hosting your email on FreeBSD using Postfix, Dovecot, Rspamd, and LDAP. - similar to the previous guide but uses a different technologies stack
- Training Rspamd with Dovecot antispam plugin, part 11 - this tutorial describes how to train Rspamd automatically using the
antispam plugin of the
Dovecot IMAP server
- Training Rspamd with Dovecot antispam plugin, part 21 - continuation of the previous tutorial
- OpenBSD Email Service, a free-email alternative relying on Rspamd - configuration and guide for self-hosting
1. antispam plugin is deprecated, use IMAPSieve instead